1. Even though abuse may be the cause of my behaviors, it is not an excuse for them.
2. Knowing what occurred, how it occurred, or how many times it occurred is not as important as simply understanding that something did occur.
3. Repressed memories are repressed for a reason.
4. My psyche is an amazing thing. It knows what I can handle and when.
5. Telling the story is not as important as sharing the secret.
6. Counseling that focuses on the events more than their effects does more harm than good.
7. You will not find validation until you validate yourself.
8. The cycle may begin with someone else, but it can end with me.
9. I am not responsible for my abusers bad choices or the consequences thereof.
10. The objective of healing is to learn and grow.